About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Sunday, June 12, 2011

adding Nantucket painting slideshow, Pascack Art Association and the Before Its News Site

Got a lot to things to talk about but will split it up. Three subjects at a time is enough. More in a couple of days. So get a cup of tea and take seat.

As I get more and more paintings done of a certain location, I will add a slideshow of that place. I now have 5 paintings of the Nantucket Brand Point Lighthouse, so its time for a them to have their own slideshow. I have 3 of the Martha's Vineyard/Woodshole paintings so I have two more (which I am working on) to go before I trigger a slideshow for them. I'm including it here and one of the paintings




http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackmckenzie/sets/72157626945446954/show/


In searching for a job in todays world, on of the requirements is shifting thru mounds of E-mails sent by networking groups, Linkedin and Yahoo groups, etc. and sometimes there are things that you read and say I'll get back to it and never do. 2 months ago, I got an e-mail to from the Pascack Art Association to participate in their June 11th art show in Hillsdale's Veterans park and to join the group. I missed it entirely, until 2 days ago, when cleaning out my inbox I found it again. I could not have participated since all my paintings are in two libraries, but I do want to join the group. Thier meetings are the 2nd Tuesday f the month Sept - June in Hilldale, so this Tuesday, I will be attending that meeting. Its $30 a year to join, so I'll go and see if its worth it. Their website is below.

http://www.pascackartassociation.org/


A site call Before Its News has asked me to allow them to carry my blog feed. Here is the 1st two paragraphs of the Email.

"I'm the Self Reliance editor at Before It's News. Our site is a People Powered news platform with over 2,500,000 visits a month and growing fast.

We would be honored if we could republish Landscapes by Jack's RSS feed in our Self Reliance category. Our readers need to read what your blog has to say."

I'm not sure whether people need to waht I have to say, but any promotion is a good thing and helps your SEO ranking. I need to check them out first. Below is the website.

http://beforeitsnews.com/


Quote: A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. Abraham Maslo

No comments:

Post a Comment