About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Monday, June 27, 2011

Opening my Peggy's Cove painting's products stores and the Peggy's Cove Arts Festival

As I've said before, I'm trying to make a few pennies on my painting s by loading my painting's images in to Zazzle, Fineartamerica, printfection and a few other sites and sell products based on those images - Mugs, cards, postcards, prints, etc. It occured to me to present them in groups - covered bridges, lighthouses, etc. If I have enough of a specific place, the one "stores' for that place. One such place is Peggy's Cove.


Peggy's Cove is a wonderful little fishing village on the west(?) coast of Nova Scotia. The lighthouse is iconic and the harbor is classic. Check out the webcams

http://www.novascotiawebcams.com/south-shore/peggys-cove-lighthouse.html




I have 5 paintings of Peggy's Cove and a nearby fishing dock. There is also an Arts Festival going on this weekend. Here's the Facebook page for the festival

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peggys-Cove-Area-Festival-of-the-Arts/182573615121210?sk=wall




I got an invite to come up and display when I posted my last Peggy's Cove Lighthouse picture, but I have a friends wedding, so I can't go. It occurred to me yesterday that I should have seen if I could get them to sell stuff based on my paintings at the festival. Its too late for that so I decided to open a Peggy's Cove "store" in Zazzle

http://www.zazzle.com/peggyscove


and FineartAmerica
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/jack-mckenzie.html?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=91795


If they don't like this idea, I'm sure I will hear from them. So, if you see anything you like, please purchase something and if your in the area of Nova Scotia south of Halifax, check out the Peggy's Cove area festival of Arts

Quote: Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~Stella Adler

No comments:

Post a Comment