About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Exhibit #3 of the First Baptist Summer Art Gallery

I put up the third exhibition of my church's 2014 Summer Art Gallery. This is posted on the church's FB and Twitter pages 
 
First Baptist Hackensack Summer Art Gallery
Press Release from the Office of the Curator
Release date : 8/3/2014
Subject: Third Exhibition of the Summer Art Gallery
For: Immediate Release

The Curator is pleased to announce the third exhibition of this year's Summer Art Gallery. This time we have 3 artists displaying their work.

The Needle work of Carolyn Obrien
Carolyn has been doing needle work for over 30 years. She has been a member here for many years and her daughter Dawn O'Brien Beckley was raised here and married in this church. She have always enjoyed creating with her hands, sewing clothing is her first love. Now she enjoys using needle and thread to create these works of art. She has included several of Dawn's creations also which hang in her home,

The Art of Jack McKenzie

Jack is long time member of FBH, active in many areas and is the Curator of this gallery. He's been painting since 1990 when he watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided he could do this, too. His subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. from places like Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain. Jack usually paints from photographs and likes to paint in bright colors that can inspire an on-the-spot visual vacation.

A Painting by Olivia Grace Feliciano
We have one work by Olivia. She is entering 2nd grade at Hackensack Christian School. She loves to be creative and especially loves to draw and paint. This oil painting is titled Snow Falls. It was painted over her spring break in April 2014







 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment