About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Exhibit #4 of the First Baptist Summer Art Gallery

The is the final exhibit of the 2nd annual First Baptist Summer Art Gallery. I took down most of my work. I kept one and added a new one: Nantucket Lighthouse - A View From the Ferry V.  The newest exhibitor is one of our youngest - 11 year old Alexandra (Alex)  Ward with 7 abstract art pieces. She and her mother came up with a very simple elegant artist statement that I just left as it was.  This is the "press release" I posted on the church's FB page:

First Baptist Hackensack Summer Art Gallery
 Press Release from the Office of the Curator
 Release date : 8/24/2014
 Subject: Fourth and final Exhibition of the Summer Art Gallery - the   Art of Alex Ward
 For: Immediate Release
The Curator is pleased to announce the fourth and final exhibition of this year's Summer Art Gallery. To the reduced works of Carolyn Obrien, Jack Mckenzie and Olivia Grace Feliciano,  we add the abstract work of 11 year old Alexandra (Alex) Ward. Alex provided the following artist statement. Normally I try and refashion the artist statement into a 3rd person museum-like wall tag, but her statement was too simply elegant to touch and says everything

                                                                The Art of Alex Ward
"My name is Alex ward and art is my favorite subject, because it always inspires me. I normally draw abstract art but sometimes like reusing cardboard to create 3D figures. Last year I got a bunch of patterned duct tape, and now I am obsessed with it. I like to make hair bows out of duct tape and update my clothes with it too. I’ve been doing art since I was about 2 years old and I loved it then and now. My dream is to inspire other kids to be happy making art."

The SAG will come down the 1st Sunday in September. The  Curator is looking forward to more people young and old participating next year. See you in 2015

The pictures - Alex's  art board description

 
her art
 
 
                                                                    Alex and her art

                                                            The re-arranged board

 

No comments:

Post a Comment