About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sorting out the library shows

As I said previously, I'm going to try the library show route for a year and see what happens, plus a few coffee shops and other things.

I've been emailing various libraries in the BCCLS system and figuring out which ones to display in and when. After reviewing my current stock and works in progress, by May I should be able to do two shows at different libraries at the same time, unless paintings start getting sold. For now, I'm going with the two show possibilities.

I will be in New Milford in May and the Franklin Lakes library offered me May, so I'll take that, too. When the woman in charge, Paula, compliments your work by saying - "Your work has a dreamy, idyllic feel to it..after the hard winter, I think folks will love it!" it seems like a very right thing to do. My photography friend Denise will be in Franklin Lakes in April which includes a reception, so I plan to go to the reception and scope out the scene. She's been in Secaucus and a few others

The current schedule is as follows

HoHokus - April
New Milford ,Franklin Lakes – May
Hillsdale – June –
Secaucus - June
Old Tappan - July Formal Contract
Cresskill - August

Bergenfield – in the Fall

Both Glen Rock & Oradell – said they will have the person in charge call me

No comments:

Post a Comment