About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An artist has gotta eat, too. Butternut squash tart

In the midst of try to lay paint on a canvas so it looks like something recognizable, an artist has to eat,too (which may be the name of my food blog when I do that) I like to cook. Some friends & I go on a bike Trip around Marthsa Vineyard in June and Nantucket in September and I play chef, usually doing seafood, with other people acting as sous chefs. I'm known for being good with the recipes in other places. So I decided to include in this art blog the occasional ramble on food and a recipe or two. My friend Bob Lanotte just started a food blog for a whole host of reason that you'll find in here - cookingwithocdhelpslol.blogspot.com and has got me thinking of doing the same thing.

Today I was at Maywood Library taking care of some questions on my show there and had to wait. I went to the magazine section and started looking thru Science News (I'm a science geek, too) and various magazines with recipes mentioned. I came across this beauty in Women's Day - a Rustic Butternut Squash Tart.

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Rustic-Butternut-Squash-Tart-Recipe

and here is the picture of this recipe! Yummo!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. By the way, I headed back to the library to see Denise's art now that they're up.

    ReplyDelete