About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Monday, July 22, 2013

First Baptist Hackensack Summer Art Gallery - 2nd exhibition

In a previous post I described how I set up the First Baptist Hackensack Summer Art Gallery at my church with me and Walter Glemnan as the first exhibitors. We got a lot of good feed back and it was posted on the church's FB page and on Twitter.
Well, there's is now a second exhibition with two new exhibitors and I've decided to have a little fun with it. I appointed myself  "The Curator"! I wrote up a faux "press release" to be posted on the church's FB, Twitter and web sites that describes the exhibitions.

First Baptist Hackensack Summer Art Gallery
Press Release – 7/22/13
Subject – New exhibitions!
From – The Curator, Jack McKenzie

The Curator is pleased to announce 2 new exhibitions on the FBHSAG wall, and is looking forward to more hidden talents stepping forward to display in the next cycle in two weeks.

The Photography of Wayne and Meghan Cahilly
Wayne Cahilly is an experienced photographer having used his camera in his work at the New York Botanical Gardens, in tree consultation and as a guide thru the New Jersey Pine Barrens
Meghan Cahilly is an up-and-coming talent seeking her footing in the photography world under the guidance of her father. She will be getting further training through opportunities at Cedarville University in the Fall. Both have a pleasing sense of composition and subject matter.
The centerpiece of their display is a large picture of an old mill by Wayne surrounded by smaller works. Wayne’s are backed in white and Meghan’s are backed in black

The Computer Graphics of Rosalie Glemann
Rosalie is the wife of previous exhibitor Walter Glemann. She has used her computer graphic designs as well as video and singer/songwriter talents to greatly enhance the worship at FBH. Her works here have a Christian theme, using a collage of images and a word phrase to tie them together.

Off to the side is a display on an easel of the crayon work of the campers of Cornerstone Day Camp. While these are your standard pre-printed forms with a Creationist theme for the children to color in, it is a fine example of each child’s Individual Color Sense and a must to see. This is under the guidance of The Camp Director Genna Molitor.

Examples of the work of the previous exhibitors Jack McKenzie and Walter Glemann can be found in the church sanctuary sitting on top of the heat registers.




No comments:

Post a Comment