About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Painting - The Bartonsville Covered Bridge and products.

As I've written here before, covered bridges are on of my favorite subjects to paint. The are markers of another time & they are fragile things. It made me sad to see a couple of Vermont's covered bridges disappear in the unexpected deluges in Vermont. I've traveled Vermont and have photos of many of the bridges waiting to be painted and the Bartonsville bridge was one of those pictures in waiting.
It was sad to watch the bridge disappear on a Youtube video. The people in the area are proud of their local bridges and it must hurt.

Here's my painting of the Bartonsville Covered Bridge :


and here are the various site with items for sale based on this image
http://www.zazzle.com/bartonsvillebridge

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/bartonsville-covered-bridge-jack-mckenzie.html

http://members.cafepress.com/products/index.aspx?s=8925276_8008045


These will be in the Merchandising section in a special Bartonsville section.

Quote: An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.
James Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment