About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Thursday, September 29, 2011

New Items in Cafepress for my Fishing Boats - Tarifa Spain & Cherry Tree Painter

I've mentioned here how tedious loading Cafepress items can be, but it is getting easier. Today, I loaded two images of my paintins: Fishing Boats - Tarifa Spain painting and my Cherry Trees - The Painter. There's bags, cards, tiles, eletronic gear covers, etc. A new thing is a calendar where I can display one painting for each month which I need to set up. Please visit. Here's the paintings and the Cafepress link, which is also found in my merchandising section.







http://www.cafepress.com/ArtofJackMcKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment