About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Works in progress and sold out arts & crafts shows

I complained about falling behind in my painting, so I decided to use this blog as a kick in the pants and try to chronicle my progress daily(?). I have 3 paintings in the works - that odd barn I came across in Maine (which I just started), the rowboats in Menemsha Pond in Marthas Vineyard (which is 3/4th finished, just need to work on the water) and a fishing boat somewhere in Cape Ann, Mass (lots of work to do). Here they are :




Hopefully this will get more done.

I was having dinner with a phototgrapher friend and her husband (who made brussel sprouts I actually liked) and we were going over all the art websites I collected, the various selling sites and other mutual concerns such as library shows ( the BCCLS site is great for that) and I was showing her the arts & craft show site for NJ.
A big local one is Westwood in May and thats sold out already. gotta get moving on these!
Heres the site
http://festivalnet.com/fairs_and_festivals/index.php?State_local=NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment