About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fine Art America prints, Linkedin Arts groups and old paintings


The picture is of a print I ordered from Fineartamerica of my "Fishing Boats - Tarifa" painting and the painting itself. I think its a pretty good, but not perfect representation of it. You can order these and I will be selling these when(?) I do art shows. Expensive up-front cost, though

As with many other professions in the world, the Linkedin networking web site has many art professional people on it and associated groups to belong to. I've joined The Art Professionals Worldwide and the Artist and Sculptures groups. The name of the game is getting your name out there and linking up with other artists.

I've been seeking some of my early paintings, and I've come across a bunch in box in the basement and one on my aunts basement wall that I forgot I gave her. I will eventually be posting them is a slide show called " Early Paintings", but here is one

1 comment:

  1. very nice early paointing jack! can't wait to see the rest! I will def be buying your other painting since it's my favorite jack one and since i can't get the original :( lol, this is the next best thing!

    If you want, maybe some time down the road we could do a show together or do a table together at that craft show you were mentioning once? This way we'll have 2 different medias paintings and photography!

    ReplyDelete