About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Upcoming Maywood, NJ Library show

Most libraries have local artist display programs. Some are rather hands-off providing only a space and letting what happens happen. Others take a little more interest in what goes on. Maywood, NJ is one of those. I will be displaying there shortly with 8 of my paintings.

They had, like all libraries, a main space for display that usually has a many month waiting list. maywood has a secondary space leading to the children's area that was originally designated for teen artists, but nothing ever happened with it, so it was opened to all. The word hasn't gotten around yet, so my work will be there almost immediately. They had the museum publicist do an interview which will be published in the Own Town newspaper and available to library patrons interested in who the painter is. She tried to get a picture, but the camera's battery died, so I will be emailing her one. I made sure to mention my blog and the merchandising links. So when the paintings are put up and ready, I'll let you all know.

I worked some more on my current 3 paintings. The Covered Bridge one has a wood fence that comes from the bridge and toward and past the viewer. Trying to get the angles and other things right is taking time cause I want to get it right. The Menemsha Pond row boats one is coming along. There are 10 rowboats in this of all types and next to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment