About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm adding my photography to the mix and a possible name change

Well, now i'm adding photographer to the art mix.I am seriousl thinking of changing the name of this thing to the Art of Jack Mckenzie. I've gotta see how to do that and not lose what I've put in I've posted some photos on Fineartamerica.com site. The first bunch is from my trip to Spain. The Andalucian White Village of Ronda


It was Bull Fight day and an Iberian-American crafts show. There was dancing in the streets


And everything was festive, balloons everywhere and the ride home had a beautiful sunset


These are just a few that I put up. I also have my pictures when I was in Fez Morocco but thats another post.

Fineartamerica shows the "traffic' thru each picture and from where. Very interesting to see the places. No sales yet, but that will come.

1 comment:

  1. you can change the name of your blog in settings providing the name is not already taken and i'm pretty sure all the content will be in there!

    ReplyDelete