About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Not playing your old CD's? Recycle! Make art!

So you've moved on from playing music on all those CD's you bought and are using MP3s, Pandora,  iTunes etc (just as some of us of a certain age moved on from records to CDs - a big mistake, but that's another subject). So what do you do with all those shiny little discs cluttering up you shelves? and those "jewel cases" they came in? Make art!
The Architecture & design   site has a sampling of the many ways you can recycle your CDs. Lamps, mosaics of all kinds, etc. Whatever your artistic mind can come up with. The jewel cases are not mentioned, but those title pages would make great collages, too. And maybe you can convince your artistically challenged friends and family and anyone else willing to listen, that you'll take their CDs and make something out of theirs, for a price. There's a lot of raw material out there. Give it a try. Here's a couple of pictures from the article


No comments:

Post a Comment