About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Tire Swing paintings: more to come - Fall and Sunrise


This Thanksgiving my brother Ken and his family came down from their farm in Maine to enjoy the weekend with the me and my sister and her children. One of the preps I did was hang my winter and summer paintings of the tire swing on their farm. Here's the winter one
My one nephew DJ was looking at this and felt he could almost walk into it, which led to a discussion about doing more of them. I paint from photos and this one was from a photo my sister in law Julie posted on Facebook suggesting that I paint it. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to paint it. The summer one was from a photo I took of the same scene.I've been wanting to do a Fall scene & Julie said she has a few fall scenes of more or less the same scene, I just need an idea of the basic colors and what the overall scene looks like. The Julie mentioned  a possible sunrise painting, since the sunrise would be behind. I like the idea - the tree and tire swing would be dark. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment