About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Van Saun Park Art Show on 10/12/13

Every year for a long time, the Van Saun County Park in Paramus, NJ has had an Art in The Park show, a place where local aritsts can get together for free and display their works to the public and maybe sell of few pieces. It was on Sat 10/12/13 . All during the week, the forecast for for a cloudy, rainy day. I posted on FB asking for prayer that it would be a nice day and it turned into a beautiful day!

A couple of my friends were also in it: John Dunic is a friend from all the way back in grade school who has always been into artistic ventures. The sand mermaid that he made at the senior picnic in 1971 is still remembered by many. The was his umpteeth show there. Anothe friend was Mary Taylor one of my favorite local Christian singer/song writers and a great artist. A few of my friends showed up to support me but did not get any sales. There did not seem to be much selling going on. Its a free juried show, which is a rarity. I enjoyed talking to a number of other artists and it seems many people liked my work. I am charging about 200 dollars for my paintings and in their opinion, thats just about right! I got alot of good tips on presentation and a few other things.

A this point, I am including the culinary side of my nature by saying the food options were nonexistant and needs to be addressed! I would be nice if some of those food trucks could be available to show some of the culinary arts along with the visual arts. Here are a few pictures
Here's my section
 here's Mary Taylor's section. My favorite of hers is on the upper right - "Living Room Dancer"
and John Dunic's section
and here is Jeannie Weiss seeing the painting "Sailing Into An LBI Sunset" I did from her photo (as detailed in my last post



No comments:

Post a Comment