About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Baptist Summer Art Gallery - Roly Medois' entry

Another artist in the congregation added his work to our third exhibition - Roly Medois. He is one of the song  worship leaders. As usual I put out a "press release" that was posted on the church's FB & Twitter pages



First Baptist Hackensack Summer Art Gallery
Press Release – 8/18/13
Subject –  Third exhibition, part 2
From – The Curator
For immediate release

The Curator is pleased to announce a new exhibit on the FBHSAG wall for the 3rd exhibition in addition to  Poetry by Donna Prendergast, Carol Tripp – Sew & Sew
And The Art of Beverly Orwig

The Art Works by Roly
Roly Medois is one of our song worship leaders and his art work comes in a number of mediums – drawing, acrylic, photography and 3-d animation on a laptop. A favorite is his acrylic of the outside  front of the church surrounded by musical symbols. The surrounding streets are a piano key board and a stringed guitar neck.  The 3-d animation show a vehicle chassis and the drawing is a self portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment