About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

someone wanted to buy my Two Silos painting, but...

I got this nice email from a man named Rick

Your artwork is really great and captures a lot of the beautiful and sometimes less
focused on picturesque areas from New York up to Nova Scotia. I am originally from
Warwick, NY and luckily get to see a lot of the scenes you captured from the Warwick
barns and the scenery in Sugarloaf,NY each season. My wife and I have just settled in
Sussex,NJ which has great views of High Point, the Wildlife Refuge and lots of farm
areas. I am interested in the painting Two Silos. Can you let me know a price or whether
the original painting is for sale?

Great to hear people are interested in my paintings and want to buy them.  This  painting is no longer available since I gave it as a wedding gift to my friends Ed and Jen Bogert. I emailed that info back to him and created a mug on Zazzle in case he would like an item with that image. Here's the painting

No comments:

Post a Comment