About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Friday, September 28, 2012

Montclair Show ends - everyone loved the paintings, but....

Today I took down my paintings at the Montclair Librray show. I talked to Linda Welch, the woman I worked with there, that every loved the paitings. The local arts editor seems to have liked them. When I was taking the paintings down, the HVAC guy said how much he liked the paintings. He also said he was working nearby one day and there was an accident, but fortuneatly "the accident" went down a wall with no paintings. My comments book was full of great comments. -
One praised the way I shaded the subject matter, iwasn't too harsh
Another said I inspired them to paint again
another complimented me on "Very sensitive capturing of the subject matter - wonderful color sense"
Anothe liked my Warwick barn paintings. Said they're from that area and know those barns
Also got advise on have to make gray - red, blue and yellow to make shades of gray
Very encouraging!
 I just wish someone would have bought something.  Hopefully that will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment