About Me

My photo
Paramus, New Jersey, United States
No, this in not a blog about gardening in any way, but a journal of my journey to become a professional landscape painting artist. For years, I’ve given my paintings as wedding gifts without thinking of profiting in some way from it. I worked for 18 years at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as a computer programmer. I have been a painter since 1990, coincidentally, when I started working at the Met. I watched Bob Ross do his thing on Channel 13 in New York and decided I could do this, too. I have no formal training. I incorporate Bob's wet-on-wet technique for sky and water. My subject matter is covered bridges, lighthouses, fishing village scenes, barns, etc. Maine, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Nova Scotia and Spain are some of the places I have painted. My style is detailed and sometimes people think a photo of the painting is an actual photo of the scene. I hope to continue and grow in this medium. I also like to cook & dance. I am also a committed Christian. I am taking commissions - painting your landscapes style photos or your vacation home. Prices on request. contact me - Jackmck@juno.com my website is www.artofjackmckenzie.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Interesting article from Artbizblog - No excuse weekly self promotion routine

In her The business of being a artist blog http://www.artbizblog.com
Alyson B Stanfield gives a list for -

A no excuse weekly self promotion routine

Review marketing plan and create the week’s strategy
Send thank-you notes
Update art inventory database
Add names of new contacts to database
Mail 5 postcards to people you need to stay in touch with
Recommend someone on LinkedIn
Call or send a personal email to someone you haven’t spoken with in a while
Attend an art opening or gallery talk (introduce yourself!)
Carry a stash of flyers or postcards wherever you go
Post two or three times to your blog
Comment on five other blogs
Add new images to Flickr or Facebook
Engage fans on Facebook page
Tweet something nice about 7 people on Twitter
Follow up with leads and opportunities
Stay on top of finances
Check in with the Artist Conspiracy

Her list is general and could be adapted to any art business or career. Customize the above items to fit your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment